November 17, 2015
New Windows Updates for November 17, 2015
General, Microsoft, Technology 2 Comments November 17, 2015
Microsoft published some new Windows Updates today, all in the optional category in Windows Update.
All but one of the updates only apply to Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2:
- System crashes when you switch to another user and select a certificate in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3083800)
- Windows Error Reporting settings option is unavailable after update 3000850 is installed in Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3096411)
- “Access violation” error and application that uses private keys crashes in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3099834)
- Virtual memory size of Explorer increases when you open programs continuously in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3100919)
- You may experience slow logon when services are in start-pending state in Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3100956)
- You can’t log on to a domain-joined computer in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB3101183)
- Update for USB Type-C billboard support and Kingston thumb drive is enumerated incorrectly in Windows (KB3103696)
The last one applies to Windows 7 and later and Windows Server 2008 R2 and later.
Excuse me if I’m wrong, but, KB3083800 sounds like a deliberate
bridge for a security breach on Microsoft’s part!