Here it is. This is it. We’ve arrived at a big milestone. The final TechEd 2014 Countdown Show is here. Or is it?
It turns out that this is the last Countdown Show before we arrive in Houston and the final pre-recorded show. There will be one more opportunity to see Joey and Rick discuss TechEd, but that one will be live from Houston so keep an eye out for that.
Because we only have a few days left before everything kicks off, Rick and Joey have a lot to talk about today. Here’s a list of some of the topics:
- Shuttle Schedules
- Taxi Flat fares in downtown Houston – What a bargain! Only $6.
- Make sure you have signed up for your exams that you will take on-site
- Channel 9 Live Stage including a special LIVE episode of the Countdown Show
- Jam Sessions and how Musicians are already gathering in the Forums
- Speaker Idol at the Digital Wall
- Vote for the Best Of TechEd Awards (Link to voting opens May 9th and ends May 14 1PM)
- Evening Events
- Special Astros Discount tickets for Tues/Weds Night
- Tech Expo Lounges where you can Recharge Sit Relax and social
- TechEd 101 – Regardless if this is your first event or you have been to several TechEd Conferences, don’t miss this session on Sunday at 2pm and 4pm.
- Last minute tips from Rick and Joey
Whew. How did they fit all of that into only six minutes?
One of my favorite parts of TechEd is how much all of us diehards enjoy the build-up to the conference. Watching the excitement level build as we hit different milestones and people get engaged week-by-week is a blast. The TechEd Countdown Show is a big part of that, both entertaining and informing people in the months and weeks before it all happens. In this episode our intrepid hosts thank everyone who helped make the show a reality, and I’d like to echo that and also thank Rick and Joey for being everyone’s TechEd buddy again this year. Great job guys!
I do have one small, tiny, minor issue with the show. There were 19 episodes and a couple of special episodes, and I don’t remember that they ever mentioned the TechEd Countdown site and Twitter account. Maybe they did and I missed it, but it would have been cool to see the site up on the monitors behind the guys one week. I’m sure it was simply an oversight. Maybe the new TechEd Europe Countdown site and Twitter account will get a spot on a Countdown Show for Europe. (hint, hint)
You can always find The TechEd Countdown Show over at Channel 9, but why not just watch it here? Enjoy!
Looking to be a part of the conversation? Interact via the following channels:
Looking for people to follow on Twitter? How about following the folks who made the Countdown Show possible?