Microsoft Ignite 2019 Hotel Update (May 30)
General registration for Microsoft Ignite 2019 opened on Tuesday, and we’re already seeing a change in hotel availability. I updated the (unofficial) Microsoft Ignite 2019 Hotels page this morning to reflect the changes. Please note the usual caveats:
- “Unavailable” means the hotel no longer shows up in a search for a Sunday-Friday stay. If your dates differ, you may be able to book the hotel.
- Until the Ignite site tags the hotel as “Sold out”, it may become available again depending on cancellations and/or additions to the block.
I was a bit late in posting the list this year, but when it went live on May 26, the original block of 64 hotels was already down to 56 hotels with availability. The first hotels to drop off the list thanks to those eager folks who pre-registered were:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Convention Center
- Hilton Orlando
- Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center (officially sold out)
- Las Palmeras by Hilton Grand Vacations
- Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
- Rosen Centre Hotel (officially sold out)
- Springhill Suites Orlando Convention Center International Drive Area
- Vista Cay by Millenium
After the first two days of general registration, seven more hotels dropped off the list:
- Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Courtyard by Marriott Orlando International Drive Convention Center
- Days Inn Orlando Convention Center International Drive
- Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Orlando International Drive Convention Center
- Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
- Hard Rock Hotel Orlando
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Convention Center
That leaves us with 49 hotels out of 64. The lesson to be learned? Register sooner than later if you want a hotel that’s close to the convention center.
Where Am I Staying?
I stayed at the Rosen Plaza last year, and it worked out so well that I’m booked there again. The covered skywalk to the convention center’s west building beats riding a bus back and forth every day. I spent most of the week in the west building so that was especially convenient. You can still book a room there, so if you want to skip the bus and walk in shade (the skywalk is covered), go check it out.