June 5, 2005
IT Hero and Other Swag
Technology 4 Comments June 5, 2005
Swag bonus today at check-in. While checking in, the guy at the front desk disappears and comes back with a black box marked IT Hero. I opened the box as soon as I arrived in my room to discover the following swag:
- ThinkGeek t-shirt “No I won’t fix your computer.” Unfortunately it is a L, and I need at least an XL. It is, shall we see, a bit snug.
- IT Hero pen with a clip to hang the pen on something.
- Three foam stick figures that lock hands, one named “Steve” and one named “Bill” (gee I wonder who they are supposed to be?), and one in the middle marked “IT Hero”.
- IT Hero baseball cap
- Cell phone booster antenna
- Pocket USB hub
- Several lapel pins representing different areas, such as Messaging, Windows Desktop, etc.
- A game card tp complete for a chance to win a Samsung Portable Media Center
The pins are intended for people to advertise their areas of interest. Mine are on my badge holder.
I need to stop by the Microsoft Across America Bus and see if XL shirts are available or not.
The only swag in the TechEd bag is:
- TechNet Plus playing cards
- Office Post-it Notes
- Sunscreen on a clip from Microsoft Services
Any idea what the criteria were for getting one of those boxes? I saw those in my hotel but wasn’t given one…
As best I’ve been able to tell thus far, it’s a TechNet membership.
The swag is weak this year.
I haven’t been able to figure it out either. You might be on the right track with the technet reference though.