Countdown to Ignite Ep. 2: The One with PreDay Sessions and Drinks
Episode two of the Countdown to Ignite show is available for viewing. You can check out the Ignite blog post summarizing the show, but here’s a quick rundown of what Rick and Joey cover this week.
Before they get to the next look at Chicago, Rick and Joey review the
Pre-Conference Pre-Day sessions. I covered the Pre-Day sessions in an earlier blog post, so I won’t go into it here.
Continuing their tour of the places to eat and drink in Chicago, Rick and Joey made the rounds of a few more locations. This week they go to:
- La Colombe Coffee (www.lacolombe.com, @LaColombeCoffee) – I’m not a coffee drinker, so I will not be stopping here, but everyone at the roundtable was raving about this place, so if you do like coffee, you should probably make a stop. Apparently their cold pressed black coffee in a bottle is something special.
- Goose Island Beer Co. (www.gooseisland.com, @GooseIsland) – Goose Island is craft brewer in Chicago (now owned by Anheuser Busch InBev), and apparently if you like beer, you will want to make time for a visit (or two) to try some of their product. Their claim to fame is bourbon-aged beer, a process they pioneered back in 1992. This another spot that isn’t for me since I don’t like beer. I think the most interesting part is that the facility was a Turtle Wax factory in a prior incarnation.
- Tavern on Rush (www.tavernonrush.com, @TavernOnRush) – Finally! Something I’m interested in trying. Tavern on Rush is know for the steaks and seafood. They have both an upscale dining room (reservations strongly recommended) as well as the more casual Tavern. No reservations in the Tavern, however, so plan accordingly.
- ROOF on theWit (www.roofonthewit.com, @ROOFontheWit) – ROOF on theWit is a rooftop bar at theWit hotel. I’ll let the name slide, ignoring the issues with capitalization and a missing space, and say this looks like a great venue for a party. A small party though since it only holds 250 people. “Dress to impress” is the dress code according to Joey so probably not the kind of place I would normally hang out, but that’s just me. That’s actually one of the great things about conference parties. Since they’re private events often the regular dress code requirements go out the window.
You can watch the show over on Channel 9, but why not just watch it here?
If you haven’t registered yet, head over to the Ignite website and register now. Hotels are going fast, so don’t delay. You can check out my post with showing hotel availability (as of February 5).
Looking to be a part of the conversation? Interact via the following channels:
- Channel 9 Ignite Forums
- Twitter: Use the #msignite hashtag or comment to @MS_Ignite
- Facebook: Microsoft Ignite
- Instagram: @MSIgnite
Looking for people to follow on Twitter? Check out the talent behind the Countdown Show:
- Follow MS_Ignite @MS_Ignite
- Follow Joey Snow @JoeySnow
- Follow Rick Claus @RicksterCDN
- Follow Golnaz Alibeigi @Golnaz89
- Follow Denise Begley @Begley_D