I know, TechEd was almost four months ago, but it is never too late for swag, right? My intent was to post a daily update of the swag I collected, but extracurricular activities put a halt to that. I wish I could say that I’ll do better at keeping up next year, but knowing that we’ll be in New Orleans, that’s not likely to happen. I envy the people who manage to blog regularly while still participating fully in the conference
The most surprising thing about swag at TechEd was how little of it there was. I only collected swag on two days. Two! Normally I have swag form every single day. I was especially disappointed that Microsoft had almost nothing at their stations in the Technical Learning Center. They were usually a good source for unique and fun items, like plush animals, foam super heroes, and travel power strips. This year, nothing. I heard a rumor of one or two things, but I never saw them. Windows Phone was one of the few Microsoft areas that had things to give away. (unfortunately none of the items I received were actual Windows Phones).
Here are photos and listings of the few items that I picked up this year.
Day 0 (Sunday, June 10, 2012)
There were two sources of swag on Sunday: the conference bag at registration and the Krewe Meet and Greet at Howl at the Moon.
- TechEd Conference Bag – I selected the Celtic knot design.
- TechEd Conference t-shirt
- TechEd Conference Guide – I keep these, so I consider this swag too.
- TechEd notepad
- Project Detroit t-shirt (Microsoft Channel 9)
From the Krewe MnG:
- Universal Imaging Utility business card case (Binary Research International)
- I AM KREWE t-shirt
- Axceler Blinking cup (Axceler)
- New Horizons Clear Plastic Cup (New Horizons)
- Can Cozy
- Krewe Bag
- Krewe 2012 button
- TechEd 20th Anniversary button
Day 2 (Tuesday, June 12, 2012)
- Introducing Windows Server 2012 book (Microsoft Learning) – Great to get hard copy of what is otherwise an e-book only.
- ActiveBatch Toy (Advanced Systems Concepts)
- Baseball Cap (X-IO)
- Blinking Glasses (GSX)
- Bottle Opener (KEMP Technologies)
- Bottle Opener/Flash Light (Global Knowledge)
- Button (Infragistics)
- Collapsible Water Bottle (CommVault) – Actually very handy for travel.
- Cookie (Windows Phone) – Yum!
- Flying Disc (Axceler)
- Geek Buttons (20) (SolarWinds) – Fun and geeky. Having multiple designs kept you near the booth, searching for the ones you missed.
- iPad Sleeve (Converter Technology)
- Pen (X-IO)
- Rubber Wristband (CodeProject)
- Screaming Monkey (Sapien Technologies) – You can never have too many screaming monkeys.
- Stress Ball (F5) – Time for F5 to get something new.
- Stress Ball (StarWind Software)
- Stylus (Vision Solutions)
- T-Shirt (Atalasoft)
- T-Shirt (Global Knowledge)
- T-Shirt (GSX)
- T-Shirt (New Horizons) – Creative design for 30th Anniversary. Wish they had brought the other designs in campaign too.
- T-Shirt (Windows Phone)
- T-Shirt (SharePoint Kitten) (Axceler) – One of my faves.
- Visor (Windows Phone) – A visor? Not a good look for me. Not wearing it, not even for a phone.
I had to include a close shot of the Axceler SharePoint Kitten shirt here. I’m sure most of you have seen it before, but I still smile when I see it. Many thanks to Christian Buckley for saving one of these for me.